Do you ever feel a little overwhelmed? A lot overwhelmed? When we find ourselves in trying or troubled times, true hope emerges through how Jesus responded to adversity. “Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart…” – Luke 18:1; 11:1-13
Losing heart is a common human malady. It happens when initiatives or outcomes go sweepingly differently than we hoped or planned. Right now there are many things occurring right here and around the world which provide windows for people to think more deeply. We are out of our patterns. We are uncertain about the future. We are open in distinct ways because of agitation or fear.
Here are a few things we can request of the God of the universe on behalf of our city.
Do you think He will listen?
1. That God would expand the heart borders of those around us. John 4:31-38
2. For God to thwart the work of the evil one and overcome soul-devastation with truth. James 4:6-10
3. That God will use the wake of our current experiences to turn hearts. Malachi 4:1-6
4. For clarity for God-servants in doing good and sharing. Hebrews 13:15,16
5. And finally, that our Great God would awaken sleeping souls. Ephesians 5:14
Here are some awesome passages about effective prayer which can be considered by the searching, intentional heart!
Jeremiah 6:16/Zechariah 10:1-4/Matthew 7:7-11/Mark 11:20-25/James 1:2-8/James 5:13-20/Jeremiah 29:10-14/Acts 3:19/Revelation 22:16,17
Peace upon your home friend!
Dave & Burnadette