There are many reasons people seek comfort.
– Relief of physical suffering
– The strain of emotions stretched beyond our capacity
– Our inability to move beyond bad habits
– Ill-treatment or neglect at the hands of people who should have loved us
– Or even predators who have exploited us.
– There is also emptiness from unfulfilled hopes and dreams.
These hurts are very real, and humans have a propensity to insulate or hide from them. According to God the world is a broken place with broken people who need to be repaired or “bound together.”
Why is this important? Without healing it is difficult to find peace. And without peace, fear is a powerful factor in our lives. When fear is conquered by our Master – then peace reigns – and freedom falls like warm summer rain.
Feeling poetic today.