The Bible has much to say about the future. What will occur has been explained over thousands of years (Genesis, Moses, the Prophets, the Psalms, Jesus the Promised One, as well as the Eyewitnesses) and offers a mosaic which: 1) gives many specifics about the end, 2) is very clear that no man knows the hour or the day, 3) and outlines aspects which can reasonably be organized to help us 4) be on the alert and ready.
“Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.” “Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour.” – Matthew 24:42,43 and 25:13 You may enjoy this ready review of Jesus’ words on this!
How can a Jesus-follower be informed, prepared, and ready for what unfolds around us? Here is a summary of principles to watch for:
The events of Daniel and Revelation (and the other prophets) will unfold quickly and decisively, with God’s children holding an amazingly specified place in this new beginning.
“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.” – 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
However things occur you will want your heart and those of your loved-ones prepared. Nothing will stop what is coming, and self-preservation is the last thing you want to place at the forefront. Our destiny is to be His Bride – forever. (Revelation 21:2,9)
No fear! (1 John 4:18)
Also look for:
1) The 3rd Temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem where the abomination of desolation will once again occur.
2) The rapture of living and dead saints will take place before or after the abomination of desolation spoken of in Matthew 24:15. Dive in and try to figure it out!
3) Matthew 24 will likely provide the elements of the time-table, and inasmuch as these are the words of Jesus, Creator of the world, should be the anchor for unfolding event observations. Note that wars, natural cataclysms, persecutions, the two witnesses, the 144,000 witnesses, anti-Christ, the mark of the beast, and the abomination of desolation, and tribulation must occur before:
4) Revelation 20:1-6 indicates there will be a physical 1000 year reign of Christ over the earth and Satan will be bound. 5) After theses 1000 years Satan will be released to deceive the nations for a final time.
6) Then the armies of the earth will gather in the plain of Megiddo (Armageddon) and turn to fight the Son Who comes in the clouds (Revelation 20:7-10) after which will occur
7) the judgment of all souls before the Throne of God. (Revelation 20:11-15)
8) Then comes the new (fresh) heaven and new (fresh) earth with the new (fresh) Jerusalem coming down from heaven (Revelation 21) and finally
9) Heaven forever! (Revelation 22). Wow.
2 Timothy 3:1-9 is one insightful account of what will occur in human hearts as the end of the age approaches. It is worth reading along with the post Doctrines of Demons.
We considered the books of Daniel and Revelation in tandem in posts #48 and #49. Type those numbers into the search box for a deeper look.
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.” (Matthew 24:36)
But we are certainly not in the dark about all of this!
The future belongs to us. Here we go.