Many things challenge or restrict us as humans – both from the inside and the outside. Our perceptions of what other people think of us. Our view of our strengths and weaknesses. The fulfillment of our hopes and our dreams (or not).
In God’s world He wants us to live in spacious places. In the Conscience 1 and Conscience 2 posts you can find talks on the freedom which comes from finding a clear conscience. This is totally tied into our emotional freedom, and can have a big impact upon our physical lives as well.
How do I leverage my human restrictions and more deeply experience my God-freedom?
I have found there are some doors which need to be unlocked.
– Talking with God and knowing He hears me.
– Being with people who are as serious about pursuing God as I am.
– Cultivating good friendships.
– Setting myself to do all I can to live in a way which gives me a satisfied mind.
There are also windows which need to be opened.
– looking into God’s Word to find His ways and allow my life to conform to His glory
– setting aside my own selfishness and humbling myself before the Living God
– finding Jesus companionship (someone who understands me completely)
“Seek the LORD while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the LORD where He will have compassion on him, and will pardon him.
For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. For just as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there without watering the earth and making things grow as it furnishes seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth. It will not return to Me empty without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
For you will go out with joy and be led forth with peace. The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.” – Isaiah 55:5-12